A squad already missing several key players due to injury was further depleted on the eve and morning of Woking RFC’s match at Old Hamptonians as several of the squad were forced to self-isolate. As a result, Woking travelled with just 14 players to fulfil their league fixture declining the option to concede the fixture and hand their opponent’s victory.
Woking RFC announce details for
Today, the Woking RFC coaching team announces their plans for the build up to the 2021/22 season.
With the first match of the season arriving soon - September 18th, to be precise - the club's preseason will start with training on Tuesday August 10th.
Full preseason plans are detailed below:
- Tuesday 10th August - Preseason Training, 19:00 @ Byfleet Rec
- Tuesday 17th August - Preseason Training, 19:00 @ Byfleet Rec
- Tuesday 24th August - Preseason Training, 19:00 @ Byfleet Rec
- Tuesday 31st August - Preseason Training, 19:00 @ Byfleet Rec
- Saturday 4th September - Pitch Up 4 Rugby match, 15:00 KO @ Byfleet Rec
- Tuesday 7th September - Preseason Training, 19:00 @ Byfleet Rec
- Saturday 11th September - Friendly vs Chipstead 2nd XV, 15:00 KO @ Byfleet Rec
Following from the friendly on September 11th, the season will begin - Training every Tuesday at 19:00, the full fixture list for the season can be found here.
In torrential rain and high winds Woking took to the field to take on league leaders Streatham & Croydon
For the second weekend in succession Woking RFC found themselves having to find new opposition as their original league opponents University of Surrey were unable to fulfil the scheduled league fixture.